bluetooth connections
Keith Nuttle
2013-10-04 19:57:27 UTC
Windows 8 I have a bluetooth dongel that I let install the Qulacomm
Artheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 driver for the Samsung Phone SCH-U365.

The phone pairs with the computer and the computer can send informaton
to the phone. However the phone can not send information to the
computer, and when I try from the phone I get a message that information
can only be sent from the computer.

I suspect this is a firewall issue, can some one help with this problem.

Thank you
Keith Nuttle
2013-10-05 01:09:20 UTC
Post by Keith Nuttle
Windows 8 I have a bluetooth dongel that I let install the Qulacomm
Artheros AR3011 Bluetooth 3.0 driver for the Samsung Phone SCH-U365.
The phone pairs with the computer and the computer can send informaton
to the phone. However the phone can not send information to the
computer, and when I try from the phone I get a message that information
can only be sent from the computer.
I suspect this is a firewall issue, can some one help with this problem.
Thank you
I figured it out. You must find the phone in both the send and receive
mode on the computer. Once that is done both work well.

Windows 8 ASUS USB_BT211.

So even though ASUS software that comes with the Bluetooth dongle is
said to be Windows 7 comparable, when in actuality it is Windows XP
software in an XP box on Windows 7, their dongle can be made to work on
Windows 8.

I may tell ASUS how to install it on Windows 8, but then they would not
look like such fools.